Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 16:39:31 +0100

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> My other current concern is to wonder whether lots of people trying to
> get patchy running might not collide with each other.  As I understand
> it, the key patchy function is to pull patches from staging,

The current state of staging.  It does not test individually.

> run make and make test, and check the regtest output.  If this is OK
> it sends a message saying "LGTM".  Is this correct?

Nope, it bounces master to staging (or recommends doing it, depending on
what Graham did).

> Does it actually do any of the merging of patches from staging into
> master?  I wouldn't want to do that without knowing I was doing
> it... (although my new user would presumably fail anyway, since I've
> not yet set it up for push access).

It tries doing so.  If parallel users try that, it will succeed for
every one of them unless someone is trying to push something older than
something that already got pushed.  Or if his version of staging has
been, in the mean time, replaced by something else that has been pushed
instead.