Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan

From: James
Subject: Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 09:10:16 +0000

Hello,

On 24 January 2012 22:20, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>>   Keeping the staging-merge going would be about five people
>>> committing to 50€ a month.  That is, of course, not enough for me to
>>> live on.  It merely means that taking on this duty will not further
>>> reduce the amount of time I can spend on LilyPond in total.
>>
>> That would be a waste of your skills.
>
> The skills will eventually become unavailable anyway if nobody pays for
> either major or minor variants of them, so that should be the smallest
> worry.  I have not offered to do it for free, anyway.  If the time I
> spend on that is paid for, it is no loss to anybody.
>
>> I don't have a 24/7 computer,
>
> Neither is a laptop, but I'd still get some stuff done.
>
>> but if no one else will volunteer i can run Patchy (the skills
>> necessary are quite like mine).  I only need to pass my exams - 9 days
>> left till i have lots of time to investigate and improve Patchy (with
>> Julien's help).

I have a machine that I can keep running 24/7 (well I have electricity
24/7, Internet connection probably about 20/7) and have already
offered (and been trying) to run patchy but with limited success this
week.

I haven't bothered Graham as he is on limited time now, which can be
better spent I am sure that walking me through python scripts.

However when I run patchy I am getting

--snip--
address@hidden:~/Desktop/patchy$ ./run-lilypond-staging.sh
remote: Counting objects: 83, done.
Unpacking objects: 100% (57/57), done.
>From ssh://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/lilypond
   39f5057..5a61803  master     -> origin/master
   ad3a9e6..8019ff7  staging    -> origin/staging
>From ssh://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/lilypond
 * [new tag]         release/2.15.27-1 -> release/2.15.27-1
Branch test-master-lock set up to track remote branch master from origin.
Branch test-staging set up to track remote branch staging from origin.
Initialized empty Git repository in
/home/james/Desktop/patchy/lilypond-autobuild/.git/
fatal: attempt to fetch/clone from a shallow repository
Begin LilyPond compile, commit: 39f50579ff91fdca06acd52a9392ab2874f4723b

etc etc.

---

and I don't know where I need to look from here.

Bear in mind this is on my lilydev machine where I can manually
download/git pull/push etc. So I know it is getting the code but not
sure what the other message means because it is coming from git (I
cannot find the 'fatal' strings in any of the .py files).

I'm struggling to find time between my coffee and cornflakes as well
as doing doc patches, so if someone can shed any light or point me
somewhere I can move on with Patchy.

James