Some notes on 2240

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Some notes on 2240
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 19:13:41 +0100

I am currently writing a talk paper on "recent developments in LilyPond"
which contains a few developments that have not in good conscience
happened on more than my computer.  I don't want to hold up 2240 on
them, however.  I currently have

commit 8180dc91c26431e05913576cedfb9d92d64ce439
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Sun Jan 22 18:39:59 2012 +0100

    parser.yy: strip music-wrapper-music inside of EventChord

    This makes things like

    <fis \transpose c g fis>

    work.

commit 751aa4192c75e3bf2436bf2053e041f7d33a6d7d
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Sun Jan 22 15:08:37 2012 +0100

    parser.yy: avoid creating empty articulations

on top of what is already in the review.  The second one of those is
uncontroversial (it checks event lists to be non-empty before setting
the "articulations" property with them in order to avoid unnecessarily
set properties) and would usually just get pushed to staging without
review which is what I'll do when pushing 2240.

The top one would be actually useful in current LilyPond but would
likely look different in the parser (it changes the Event Chord
iterator).  I'll put it up for review soonish, but it will be blocked on
2240.

Both problems were apparent while writing the article.  The second in
results of \displayMusic, the first when presenting the example

tonika=fis'
{ <\tonika \transpose c g \tonika> }

(something which breaks in multiple ways in current LilyPond).  Back to
writing.