Re: lilypond-book: Group line-width settings together (issue 2222). (iss

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: lilypond-book: Group line-width settings together (issue 2222). (issue 5553056)
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 16:38:11 -0500

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 4:18 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2012/01/21 19:14:15, Julien Rioux wrote:
>>
>> Here was the first problem: line-width is being adjusted. This is written to
>> the
>> .ly file generated by lilypond-book, but it is not clear whether
>> %(paper_string)s above will contain a definition for line-width. And for
>> HTML,
>> it does not. This gave an error while running lilypond, mentioned in the bug
>> report.
>

> Ah, so the problem was that sometimes line-width wasn't defined and thus
> trying to adjust it failed?
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/5553056/

Yes. From the initial bug report for issue 2222 the failed output shows:

Running lilypond...
GNU LilyPond 2.15.25
Processing `snippet-map-1372012142.ly'
Parsing...
Processing `html-inline-no-options.html'
Parsing...
html-inline-no-options.html:16:16: error: GUILE signaled an error for
the expression beginning here
  line-width = #
                (- line-width (* mm  3.000000) (* mm 1))
Unbound variable: line-width

We see that line-width was used before it was defined.
Cheers,
Julien