left-aligned notation

From: Emilio Grazzi
Subject: left-aligned notation
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 23:18:13 +0100

First of all: 1) I'm a newbie 2) I know this question seems a little bit odd...
anyway:
I would like to have my score (i mean the staff lines) not to be justified
along the width of the page... The layout should use left-aligned notation,
just as it happens with text in this few lines, in order to have the best
spacing. I know it's unusual but I would like to test it for legibility issues.
Right now, the only way i found to get this is processing every line of music
inside lilypond and afterward mount everything together with another
application. Is there anything to get the same result inside the markup?