Re: Issue 2100: Explanation of branches for CG (issue 5539062)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Issue 2100: Explanation of branches for CG (issue 5539062)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 23:15:01 +0000

On 2012/01/15 14:54:22, dak wrote:

An occasional

git rebase origin dev/cg

(which permanently rebases dev/cg on origin/master which we don't
reset ever by
gentlemen's agreement, meaning that if somebody does that, everybody
else stops
being a gentleman) should take care that most of the work needs to be
done just
once.

My thoughts (almost) exactly.  My set of commands would be

git checkout dev/cg
git rebase origin/master

which does exactly the same thing, only with different words.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5539062/