Re: Issue 2100: Explanation of branches for CG (issue 5539062)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Issue 2100: Explanation of branches for CG (issue 5539062)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 12:53:52 +0000

mailto:address@hidden
> wrote:
> > >
> > > I think you misunderstand what git rebase does.  git rebase
> > > origin/staging does *not* bring origin/staging into dev/cg;
> >
> > really?  wow, I completely misunderstood that.
>
> Yes.  git rebase just changes the *attachment point* of the branch.
So
although
> the source code in the current directory will change with git
rebase, the
branch
> itself won't.

Carl, you are wrong.  You can, at your choice, read the manual page of
git
rebase, or do a few experiments on local branches.

I believe you, because you are never wrong on these things.  I have read
the manual page on git rebase, but apparently didn't understand it.  I
am currently doing the local experiments.

Thank you for keeping me straight.

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/5539062/