Re: windows lilypond-book.py

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: windows lilypond-book.py
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 10:55:35 +0000

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 10:50:03AM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> >   cmd = "dir > log.txt"
> >   ret = os.system(cmd)
> >   print "0. return code: ", ret
>
> No go.  This falls foul of the ant-hacking measures in Windows.
> Program Files is a protected directory:

oh mao... ok, does window still have a C:\TEMP ?  There's got to
be some directory you can write to... if not, please create such a
directory.  I recommend C:\TEMP so that you don't need to type a
lot.

Then, please try doing
  dir > C:\TEMP\log.txt
on the command-line.  If that doesn't work, then I rely on you to
figure out how to do this in windows.  Maybe it can't have any
space between the > and C: or something weird like that, or maybe
you need to do something special to enable write permission to
C:\TEMP, or whatever.

Once you can run that command yourself, then please copy the exact
command into the relevant part of test-process.py or
test-process2.py if you're using that one.

Longer-term, we can use python's tempfile module to get us a
writeable file -- at the moment I just want to get a working "go
run this command and give us the output" in our version of python
in mingw GUB.

- Graham