Re: lilypond-book on windows

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: lilypond-book on windows
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 20:14:54 -0500

On 2012-01-11 15:12, Julien Rioux wrote:
One problem that exists here for sure for windows is the definition of
cmd which include "LC_ALL=C texi2pdf ...". LC_ALL is an environment
variable that sets the locale. I think this is here to ensure that the
output from texi2pdf is in English and can be parsed easily.
No, texi2dvi has a nasty bug that will show in certain locales (e.g. in
German), where any call to texi2dvi will fail, because one regexp is
incorrect in that case. For that reason, we need to forc texi2dvi to use
C locale. Search the mailing list a few months back for a short discussion.

Setting environment variables in this way does not work on windows.
Instead one might add env=something as an argument to the
subprocess.Popen call.

Okay, if you find a way that works in Linux, too, feel free to fix it.

Something like this could work (untested):
cmd = '%s -c -o %s %s' % (global_options.texinfo_program, outfile, tmpfile)
run_var = os.environ.copy()
run_var['LC_ALL'] = 'C'
proc = subprocess.Popen(cmd, env=run_var, ...)

Cheers,
Reinhold

--
Julien