Re: autoFootnote

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: autoFootnote
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 16:45:02 +0100

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Jan 8, 2012, at 4:16 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
>

>> I am currently replacing the footnote user interface.  The doc string
>> for autoFootnote states:
>>
>>  (_i "Footnote the item after which this comes with the text in
>> @var{footnote} allowing for the footnote to be automatically numbered
>> such that the number appears at @var{offset}.  Note that, for this to
>> take effect, auto-numbering must be turned on in the paper block.
>> Otherwise, no number will appear.  Use like @code{\\tweak})")
>>

> This is left over from the bad old days - there is no longer a
> variable in the paper bloc that controls auto-numbering.  Sorry for
> not catching this earlier - when I made that change, I didn't remember
> that the docstring for footnotes described the old behavior.

Ok.  Please don't fix it yourself, or it will interfere with the patch I
am working on.

I am also replacing the flowery language "Use like @code{\\tweak}." and
"Use like @code{\\once}." since neither makes any sense whatsoever: you
don't use the first before a postevent, and you don't use the second
before a set/override.  I assume the first is supposed to mean "use like
an articulation" and the second "affects every grob of the given type in
the current timestep".