Re: collision between beem and rests

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: collision between beem and rests
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 22:30:32 +0100 (CET)

> If this is really two voices then why would you use stems in the
> same direction?

Ah, ok.  Indeed, I was simplifying, omitting a third voice typeset
with \voiceTwo.  All the problem I've described in the last few emails
stem from Bach's Ciaccona for Violin solo, which uses up four voices:
In Bach's manuscript, there are places where all four voices have up
stems (for example in the beginning), but modern Urtext editions
usually print three voices with up stems and one voice down stem.

>> Well, I would like to have the rest over the beam...
>
> can't use use an override and shift it?

I was unclear, sorry: I want to have the reverse as the default
behaviour so that everything related to outer voices are placed at the
outer side.

    Werner