Re: GUB Build Success!

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GUB Build Success!
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 20:18:02 +0000

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 08:09:10PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> I decided to download GUB and I think I've compiled everything (it ran for
> several hours and did not complain).
> I have no clue how it works, though.  Is there any documentation beside the
> README?  The thing I understand least are the patches - are the patches in
> the patches file hand-written or auto-generated?

There's the README and the materials in the CG.  Umm, did you even
*look* in the CG for "release instructions" or "releases" or
whatever that chapter is called?  Chapter 11 or 12, I think it is?

I slavishly follow the instructions in the "minor release"
subsection or subsubsection.  Every single devel release is
created by me copy&pasting from those steps.  If you follow those
steps as well, you should have exactly the same 2.15.23 release as
the official one.

Cheers,
- Graham