Re: Doc: NR added @knownissue for beam properties (issue 5504100)

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Doc: NR added @knownissue for beam properties (issue 5504100)
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 22:33:15 +0000

On 2012/01/01 21:31:50, Keith wrote:
On 2012/01/01 15:06:05, dak wrote:
> On 2012/01/01 14:56:25, Carl wrote:
> > > Can we show this using a single voice with non-chorded notes and
by using
> > > something more 'obvious' than \hideNotes?

\relative c' {
   \voiceTwoStyle
   c8 e \voiceNeutralStyle g c
   \voiceTwoStyle
   c8 e \voiceNeutralStyle g[ c]
}

Seriously?

Remember that the original bug reporter was not trying to "change any
properties
of a beam" but only using a pre-defined function.

Yes but also remember that this is not an attempt to fix the reporters
issue but document it for others that do not necessarily use complex
constructions like \voiceTwoStyle and \voiceNeutralStyle.

> Also \once\hideNotes might be a bit more snappy.

Hey, that works now!  Thanks, David.
To make the desired point, it would need to hide the first note and
the beam,
which would need some explanation to point out what is going on.

Or we could just show a simple case of beams not being colored in when
the override happens mid-beam (so to speak).

http://codereview.appspot.com/5504100/