Re: 2.14 release, or GOP now (part 2)

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: 2.14 release, or GOP now (part 2)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:51:17 -0800

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Valentin Villenave
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Patrick McCarty <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> I also think it would be useful to have two code freezes on
>> stable/2.14: one for code/docs, and one for translations (right before
>> the release).
>
> (Of course it depends on how much new work is done after stable/2.14
> is branched off, but) don't you think translators would be better off
> keeping in sync with the *stable* branch until the release? This way
> we might have a chance that most languages are in the same state when
> the release happens.

Yeah, this situation is tricky.

One idea would be to branch stable/2.14 *only* after the (English)
documentation is in a state "good enough" for 2.14 (a topic for
another thread), and then we branch stable/2.14, and translation work
commences for documentation on stable/2.14.

I think that would work... :)

> Once stable is released, then lilypond/translations can be rebased
> onto master, until the next branching stage.

Would probably be easier to merge it, since most (if not all)
translation work, before the 2.14 release, would be based off
stable/2.14.

Thanks,
Patrick