Re: GUB target_cpu error

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: GUB target_cpu error
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 12:23:35 +0100

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 7:54 AM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I didn't look at the patch(es).  If that's all this is, then let's
> just get rid of it.  Unix shells are case-sensitive; if somebody
> doesn't know that yet, they'll discover it pretty quickly.

Actually, this was a totally unnecessary precaution. I've never heard
of any *nix system where uname -m would return X86_64 or I686 instead
of their lower-case counterparts.

I used case-insensitivity in the first version of my patch, that used
target_architecture instead of target_cpu. Then I switched to
target_cpu for simplicity, and forgot to get rid of the whole shopt
business.

Bottom line: let's get rid of it already.

Cheers,
Valentin.