Re: Modify fret calculation algorithm (issue3320041)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Modify fret calculation algorithm (issue3320041)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 15:46:38 -0700

On 11/26/10 3:41 PM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
wrote:

> On 2010/11/26 19:39:06, steve.yegge wrote:
>>   Thanks for implementing this!
>
> You're welcome.  Thanks to all who contributed ideas.
>
> Now for the big request -- since I've made things easier for your music
> files, would you be willing to write documentation for these two
> features?  It should go in the Default Tablatures subsection of Notation
> Reference 2.4.1 Common Notation for Fretted Strings.  The source resides
> in Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely.
>
> The policies for working on documentation are found in chapter 4 of the
> Contributors' Guide.

One last thing.  The \set defaultStrings command is a tweak, so it won't go
in the actual text of Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely.  It
needs to be a snippet with a texinfo description that will be stored in
Documentation/snippets/new.  The file will need to then be included as a
@lilypondfile{} reference in the selected snippets section of Default
tablatures.

Thanks,

Carl