Re: Remove head- and foot-separation. (issue3199041)

From: markpolesky
Subject: Re: Remove head- and foot-separation. (issue3199041)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 07:02:35 +0000

On 2010/11/18 17:51:55, Graham Percival wrote:
I'm getting a bit confused with all the renamings,
reorganizations, etc., and I can't be the only one.  Could
we slow things down slightly?  I'd like to see only one
spacing patch "on the table" at once, and leaving 24 hours
after the final draft of each patch for comments from
people in all time zones.

For this specific patch,
1) have people agreed to this specific naming change?
2) if the convert-ly change isn't part of this commit, it
should be in the next commit.  I think you should wait
until you have both patches ready and approved, before
pushing either of them.

Graham,

this patch is not about changing the names of head- and
foot-separation.  Those variables are already gone; they're
bleedin' demised.  When they ceased to be, the functionality
they provided was presumably achievable using the new
spacing alists, but a convert-ly rule to automate this was
never written.

This patch is about cleaning up the outdated code, and could
also be about adding a convert-ly rule that should have been
put there a while ago.  There's nothing to vote on or debate
about; I just don't know the proper conversion.  Once
someone verifies the right way to duplicate the old
functionality, I can add the convert-ly rule to this patch
and be done with it.

- Mark

http://codereview.appspot.com/3199041/