Re: Universe of syntax possibilities, ONLY to skip over non-notes/chords

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Universe of syntax possibilities, ONLY to skip over non-notes/chords
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 19:29:07 +0000

On 13/11/10 16:17, David Santamauro wrote:
> I want to offer to do it, but I have some intense studying to do. Is
> this the correct list to ask questions about this. I'm not in
> inexperienced developer, just a novice with the internals of
> lilypond. I just don't want to seem burdensome.

The other place to ask questions like this is on the frogs mailing list.
I've gone very quiet on that front at the moment, but I'm in a similar
position to you - decent C skills but no knowledge of Scheme - and the
frogs list is *meant* for people like us. I've been digging into
engraver internals, but was waiting for 2.14 before actually pushing
what I'm doing (and I've been side-tracked in the interim - I tend to go
in fits and starts :-)

Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions on frogs, the reaction of other
people on the list will be "thank god he asked that question, I thought
I was going to look stupid asking it" or "oh good I can answer that
question and help". That list most definitely is NOT for people who
think "what are daft questions like that doing here?".

Cheers,
Wol