Re: Byzantine chant and microtones

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Byzantine chant and microtones
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:37:15 +0000

In this connection, you may like to note that the upcoming Denemo
release will allow you to play back via an internal synth using
microtonal accidentals and, of course, print out using whatever LilyPond
syntax you program Denemo to use.
An example in Denemo's git at the moment uses the mechanism to shift the
temperament as a piece modulates, equivalent to having split sharps on a
keyboard (as in some 17th c. Italian clavivcembali)

Richard Shann