Re: [Patch] Fix #1365: convert-ly shouldn't remove Dynamics performergro

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix #1365: convert-ly shouldn't remove Dynamics performergroup
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 19:46:54 -0000

Graham Percival wrote Sunday, November 07, 2010 1:07 PM

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 12:50:20PM +0000, Graham Percival wrote:
The normal method would be for convert-ly to print a warning
message to the console.  Why is this Dynamics thing so different
from previous changes?

Another option is to argue that in-file comments are much more
noticeable than console warning messages, and thus _any_ change
which we current display a NOT_SMART rule on the console should
instead be placed inside the file as a comment.

I think this would be an improvement, but I don't think it's
essential.  The file will be left in an erroneous state so
the user will be forced into further investigation anyway,
and the usual LilyPond error messages will indicate what is
wrong.

Trevor