Re: Doc: NR 4.4.1: Rewrite. (issue2642043)

From: markpolesky
Subject: Re: Doc: NR 4.4.1: Rewrite. (issue2642043)
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 08:11:39 +0000

Wow, this is almost done.  New patch set uploaded.  I've
responded to some comments individually, and made a lot of
small changes requested, but I want to call everyone's
attention to the TODO on l.1504, regarding this clause:

"the reference point of a non-staff line is its highest
point."

Keith points out that the refpoint for Lyrics seems to be
the lowest point (or perhaps the baseline?).  It would be
nice if someone could clear this up (or figure it out).
What are the actual reference points for each type of
non-staff line (ChordNames, Dynamics, FiguredBass,
FretBoards, Lyrics, and NoteNames).

I'd like to fix this before pushing.

Also, in an attempt to improve the examples, I made some
changes.  So feel free to look them over if you like.

I know this is a lot longer than what's there now; hopefully
that's more a reflection of the amount of information than
any wordiness on my part.

Thanks again to everyone reviewing this.
It's a big help.
- Mark

http://codereview.appspot.com/2642043/diff/14001/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely
File Documentation/notation/spacing.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/2642043/diff/14001/Documentation/notation/spacing.itely#newcode256
Documentation/notation/spacing.itely:256: a system is the middle line of
the nearest staff---even if a