Re: T1249 - Remove (define define-ly-syntax define-public). (issue231304

From: v . villenave
Subject: Re: T1249 - Remove (define define-ly-syntax define-public). (issue2313044)
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 21:21:09 +0000

Greetings Ian,
your patch looks very clever to me; just a possible indentation issue
(I'm not sure what our policy is, but IIRC it used to be "whatever Emacs
does").

BTW: This is totally unrelated to your patch, but I was recently
wondering about this TODO in music-functions-init.ly, l32:
"%% TODO: using define-music-function in a .scm causes crash."
I'm not sure it's still relevant; is it?

http://codereview.appspot.com/2313044/diff/15001/scm/ly-syntax-constructors.scm
File scm/ly-syntax-constructors.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/2313044/diff/15001/scm/ly-syntax-constructors.scm#newcode20
scm/ly-syntax-constructors.scm:20: (defmacro define-ly-syntax (args .
body)
Is there a way to document defmacros with docstrings instead of
comments?

http://codereview.appspot.com/2313044/diff/15001/scm/ly-syntax-constructors.scm#newcode39
scm/ly-syntax-constructors.scm:39: 'location
Are you using Emacs-like indentation? "tabs for indentation, spaces for
alignment"; it seems that the rest of the file is indented that way. By
the way isn't there a space char missing here?

http://codereview.appspot.com/2313044/