Re: Tablature: proper support for tie/slur- and tie/glissando-constellat

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Tablature: proper support for tie/slur- and tie/glissando-constellations (issue2191042)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 21:54:21 +0200

Am 28.10.2010 14:53, schrieb address@hidden:
LGTM.

However, I'm a bit nervous about putting bends as well into the
Tab_tie_follow_engraver.  Not that the engraver won't work, but that the
Tab_tie_follow_engraver won't be part of the documentation.

I think you misunderstood the TODO. I did not want to propose the bend engraver to be part of the Tab_tie_follow_engraver, but a tie followed by a bend should be handled
exactly as a tie/slur or a tie/glissando combination.

Currently, I view Scheme engravers as a way for users (and snippets) to
add engraver functionality, but not as an optimal way to add core
functionality.

I understand your argument, but I think that it would be better to include scheme engravers into the docs before recoding the Tab_tie_follow_engraver in c++. At least, I cannot cope with this. Aside from that, I think that more extensions on the scheme side (including engravers)
are about to come.

Marc

I'm not asking you to change your code, but I'm trying to send up a
caution flag to see what others might say about it.

Thanks,

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/2191042/diff/17001/input/regression/tablature-tie-slur-glissando.ly
File input/regression/tablature-tie-slur-glissando.ly (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/2191042/diff/17001/input/regression/tablature-tie-slur-glissando.ly#newcode1
input/regression/tablature-tie-slur-glissando.ly:1: \version "2.13.37"
2.13.38

http://codereview.appspot.com/2191042/