Re: Calculate spacing in lilypond

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Calculate spacing in lilypond
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 07:28:36 -0600

On 10-07-20 03:37 AM, cab wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have been using lilypond for 2 years now in a project called "psautiers"
(psalm in french) to create database of music : you can see examples at my
website www.psautiers.org. Yet I used the scripts musicxml2ly and lilypond to
create a jpeg from a musicxml file. Now that everything works fine, I would like
to implement a way of changing colors in a few notes (for example to color the
first notes of my score, or to color the predominant note in a melody), but to
do this I have two solutions :

-reexecuting lilypond and musicxml2ly to color a few notes which is very costy
in time and in CPU because I use a system command.
-or finding how you implemented the spacing in lilypond and directly coloring
the corresponding notes in the jpeg file.

I tried to look at the source using apt-get source lilypond and I then went to
the lily directory. However I did not find what I searched for.

Is the algorithm difficult to grasp? You may provide me a better way to
underline of color a few notes.

Thanks very much

Dang Nguyen Bac

This link http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Inside-the-staff#Coloring-objects takes you into the Notation Reference for the present stable version. It should give you some ideas. Bonne chance!

Colin

--
I stay cool and dig all jive, That's the way I stay alive.
My motto, as I live and learn, is "Dig and be dug in return."