Re: scheme night-mare...

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: scheme night-mare...
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:53:21 -0700

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Neil Puttock <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Joe,

On 13 July 2010 02:18, Joe Neeman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does the attached patch help? For me, it reduces dramatically the
> number of times that combine_pure_heights (and also ly_scm2interval)
> is called, but it has very little effect on lilypond's overall running
> time (for the optimized build, at least).

I've just tested this patch (after removing the bits which prevented
it from applying; they look like they belong to a fix for issue 1152.
:)  It has a dramatic effect in several cases: on one 26 page score
it's halved the compilation time to just over a minute.

Ok, it seems like I should be benchmarking with bigger files; I was just trying mozart-hrn-3 :) I'll clean up the patch a bit a post it on rietveld.

Cheers,
Joe