Re: Add support for multi-note tremolo (issue1786041)

From: reinhold . kainhofer
Subject: Re: Add support for multi-note tremolo (issue1786041)
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 09:51:33 +0000

Reviewers: Neil Puttock,

http://codereview.appspot.com/1786041/diff/1/3
File lily/chord-tremolo-engraver.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/1786041/diff/1/3#newcode87
lily/chord-tremolo-engraver.cc:87: announce_end_grob (beam_,
previous_grob_->self_scm ());
On 2010/07/09 20:19:11, Neil Puttock wrote:
This is too late to be acknowledged by the
Spanner_break_forbid_engraver before
the next timestep, which means breaks are always forbidden between
consecutive
tremolos.

Hmm, but that's the first event where I know that the tremolo has ended.
Before the stopping spanner event, there is no way to determine whether
there will be still some notes or not...

(BTW, this also needs to be wrapped inside a if (previous_grob_) { ... }
to prevent crashed on empty tremolo spanners)

http://codereview.appspot.com/1786041/diff/1/3#newcode128
lily/chord-tremolo-engraver.cc:128: {
Would it be a problem to use announce_end_grob here like before, even
though there might be another note coming up?
I.e. what side-effects does calling announce_end_grob have?

Add support for multi-note tremolo

-) Remove all checks for exactly one or two notes as arguments to a
   tremolo repeat
-) Create proper beaming for multi-note tremolo (so far, the
   chord-tremolo-engraver always assumed exactly two beamed notes)
-) Extend the make-repeat function to scale the notes properly also
   in the case of multi-note tremolos

Please review this at http://codereview.appspot.com/1786041/show

Affected files:
  A input/regression/repeat-tremolo-three-notes.ly
  M lily/chord-tremolo-engraver.cc
  M lily/chord-tremolo-iterator.cc
  M scm/music-functions.scm