Re: Align metronome mark at time signature or first musical element. Fix

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: Align metronome mark at time signature or first musical element. Fixes #684. (issue1579041)
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 21:14:52 +0000

On 2010/07/04 20:36:28, janneke-list_xs4all.nl wrote:

It does.  The symbol order does determine the priority.

Hmm, this doesn't appear to be the case, since key signatures are
preferred over time signatures for aligning.

Problem is,
at start of a stave the *only* symbol that is present is the staff
bar.

Ah, good point. :)  It would prevent aligning on notes.

> > Okay...so I've added the break-aligned-interface.  It makes sense
> > to have this position added - this is probably not the only symbol
> > that we want positioned like this?
>
> I'm still confused as to why it's necessary, since it's only useful
for
> ordering break-aligned grobs inside the stave; ditto for the
defaults
> for 'break-align-symbol and 'break-align-symbols.

It is not necessary, we could scrap both of these.  I figure however,
that when adding break-aligned-ness to other engravers (text-spanner
etc), it could would be nice if they could make use of mm-rest's
alignment position.  Possibly it's better to remove both and add
when needed -- I don't know.

I'd rather remove them, since it's likely to cause confusion among
users.

Below, I've suggested adding 'non-musical, since it improves spacing for
full-bar rests: there's currently a bit of extra space added between the
non-musical and musical paper columns.

http://codereview.appspot.com/1579041/show