Re: pushing for doc editors

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: pushing for doc editors
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 13:22:44 +0100

On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 08:33:36AM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> All seems to work still.  So I could hold the doc fort for you
> for a month while you jolly off.  Enjoy your trip!

Great!

Colin and James: please send patches to Trevor until 3 Aug.  He
wrote most of the Learning Manual, and is familiar with our doc
policies and whatnot.  I'm still available for questions and
discussions about doc issues, or even for "eyeballing" patches,
but I won't be able to compile&push them myself.

I managed to get wireless working by literally reading the madwifi
help pages.  Seriously... after reading for a bit, trying out some
information-gathering commands, and the like, I was ready to begin
seriously trying to make it work -- and discovered that it was
already scanning (and finding) wireless networks.  One of my
"debugging" commands must have done it, but it was seriously like
magic to me.  :)

Anyway, at the very least I should be able to do email once every
24 hours (if the LSM conference doesn't supply wireless -- which
surely they must, given that it's a conference about open source
stuff -- then I'll go off and find a coffee shop or something) for
the next month.

Cheers,
- Graham