New vertical spacing: congratulations!

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: New vertical spacing: congratulations!
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:55:43 +0200

Hi!

I have seen for weeks the new vertical spacing system being implemented
all along this version 2.13.
I managed to (try to) understand it correctly, I used it with default
values and I also tried it with modifying values of vertical variables.
Right now I see many recently-opened bugs related to this new vertical
spacing being tagged as "fixed"...

And I have two things to say:

  1. WOW!
    – the new system is very "powerful", user can control vertical
      spacing very finely;
    – the new "default" vertical layout of the majority of my scores is
      now FAR BETTER than with previous vertical engine;

  2. CONGRATULATIONS!
    – special TANKS to Joe Neeman, of course;
    – thanks to every contributor, LilyPond becomes more and more
      efficient.

It is a real pleasure to use LilyPond and its community is very
friendly.  Thanks to every of you.  :-)

Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>