Re: PATCH: Doc: Reorganize music functions material.

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: PATCH: Doc: Reorganize music functions material.
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 02:09:59 -0700 (PDT)

Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
> Actually, a nice indentation would be:
>
> #(define-music-function (parser location args)
>      (arg-type-predicates)
>    body)
>
> or:
>
> #(define-music-function
>      (parser location args)
>      (arg-type-predicates)
>    body)

I much prefer the second of these two options.  When the
(parser ...) stuff is on the same line as the
#(define-music-function , the line quickly gets too long
with just a few arguments.  Also, it's easier to see the
argument/predicate associations with the second form, since
they're closer to being lined up vertically.  They'd be even
closer if we abbreviated "parser" and "location" somehow,
but there's something nice about the unambiguousness of the
complete words.

One tiny subtle point: I'd prefer to indent as if the #
weren't there (so "body" will be shifted two spaces, not
three).  This keeps soft tabs in multiples of two, not 2n+3:

#(define-music-function
    (parser location args)
    (arg-type-predicates)
  body)