Re: web translation oddities

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: web translation oddities
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 11:51:24 +0200

Op zaterdag 03-04-2010 om 09:04 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Graham
Percival:
> On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 09:52:51AM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> > Look, I want to get this website out asap,
>
> If you want to finish up the nl translations, modify
> create-weblinks-itexi.py (just the translations dictionary, i.e.
> copy lines 23-49, replace the 'es' with 'nl', and translate all
> the strings), then add 'nl' back to website.make and start fixing
> warnings.

Okay, done.  Wondering about

    # keep the spaces!

though, in general, we don't want any formatting in translation
strings.

Also, wtf, these can (should!) be filled-in by running

   grep -nH -B1 translationof Documentation/LANG/web/*

that should be simple in python... But I'm hesitant to "fix" that.

Duplication bad, duplication bad, duplication bad? ;-)

> Two search+replaces in old-news.itexi should take care of 99% of
> those warnings.

Hmm, I'm disabling nl for now, could you tell me what warnings
are, and how/why they should be fixed?

> The other item is to either convince everybody that we can/should
> move to the new website before 2.14 is out, or else get 2.14 out
> sooner.

Well, that's easy: no-one is doing any work while the new
web site is not live.  You can say that I accidentally removed
the old site and that you're too grumpy to set that up again.

Jan.

Freelance IT http://JoyOfSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl