Why does the build assume that it's in $HOME/src?

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Why does the build assume that it's in $HOME/src?
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 15:35:12 +1100

>From a clean git clone (43a2f7a609ed14a1), I do
$ ./autogen.sh --enable-debugging --disable-optimising
$ make

and I find the following:
$ file out/share/lilypond/current/scm
out/share/lilypond/current/scm: broken symbolic link to
`/home/jneeman/src/lilypond//scm'

The problem is that my lilypond source is in $HOME/programming/lilypond
rather than $HOME/src/lilypond. The result is that I can't run lilypond
from the build tree because it can't find "lily.scm" in its load path.

Cheers,
Joe