Re: Fix CG description of module system

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Fix CG description of module system
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 16:39:13 +0000

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 12:03:56PM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> David Kastrup wrote Saturday, December 26, 2009 9:55 AM
>
>> I really don't think a turnaround time of weeks for things like that,
>> taking an order of magnitude more of time, effort, and spirit than
>> actually writing the improvement, contributes much to development.
>
> It was probably just overlooked.  There are
> very few developers, all with other things to
> do, and Christmas to celebrate.  A reminder like
> this to trigger action is fine.  Thanks.

We have somebody who adds patches to the tracker if nobody's
replied, but I guess that either he thought it was already taken
care of, or is celebrating Christmas as Trevor suggested.

As a general rule, if it's been 3 days since the last activity
(discussion, refactoring, posting to reitveld, etc), then feel
free to add it to the google tracker with the tag "patch".

I know that using yet another web tool is the _last_ thing you
want to do after waiting for days, but at least this way we won't
lose it.  As somebody (was it you?) noted in the flamewar about
the bug-lilypond list a few months ago, emails are a lot easier to
lose than issues in a tracker.  If there's any patches in the
google tracker, I'll take responsibility for nagging until they're
either accepted or given definite grounds for rewrite or
rejection.

(if you want me to wave a magic wand and get more developers
involved, then rest assured to that I'd be waving it already.  The
only thing I can do is organize things.)

Cheers,
- Graham