Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: New LilyPond Spanish Users list at GNU
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 01:37:07 +0100

Hello, I have news from the process of creation of the Spanish list on
GNU. As you can follow in https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?9148 , my
project was initially accepted. I created the list, but the saga has
not ended well by this route. They have just told me

  "Ask the LilyPond mantainer to create the list in their project. "

They are on the link above, but my main points are for now

  - An official list in Spanish, hosted at savannah, was already approved.
  - We have 60+ users.
  - I'd like it to receive the name "lilypond-es" if at all possible.
  - The new list was already announced on the old one! as they requested.
  - The Spanish description has accented characters, I'd like them to
appear properly listed like others do.

(btw I don't understand the reasons given for the latter not being
satisfied; if the host can not do it, how can some lists show accented
characters?)

And more imprtantly:

  - Who is the LilyPond maintainer that can create the list for me?

Thanks.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com