Re: strange vertical formatting

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: strange vertical formatting
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:37:39 -0800

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 20:06 +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> Do you actually expect the vertical formatting of the snippet below as
> shown in the attached PDF?

I wouldn't say I expected it, but I can certainly explain it: it's an
inconsistent handling of two related corner cases. When a loose line
appears at the bottom of the page, we try to position it according to
its ideal distance from the staff above (ie. we ignore the distance to
the bottom of the page). When a loose line appears between two systems,
we space it according to the usual rules for loose lines.

It's probably possible to come up with better rules for these corner
cases, but I think the more reliable fix is not to use staff-affinity =
#CENTER for contexts that are to be placed below a system.

Joe