Re: Add option to indicate frets by letters in tablature (issue164063)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Add option to indicate frets by letters in tablature (issue164063)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 10:20:02 -0000

Carl Sorensen wrote Monday, December 07, 2009 1:51 AM

On Dec 6, 2009, at 5:18 PM, "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden>
wrote:

Carl Sorensen wrote Sunday, December 06, 2009 9:59 PM

.  The fretLabels list
wouldn't need to
be characters; they could be markups or stencils, so users could
define
whatever is needed or desired.

I quite like the term fretLabels, with the list being of
anything that evaluated to a Scheme string.

Why a string instead of a string or a markup?

As the font can be overridden in TabNoteHead markup
isn't required to select a different font.  However,
I see there might be an advantage in permitting PS
or even images to be substituted, or to use a different
font for some of the fret labels, and that would need
markup in the list.  I'll look at implementing that.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Carl
Trevor