Re: Add option to indicate frets by letters in tablature (issue164063)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Add option to indicate frets by letters in tablature (issue164063)
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 19:38:45 -0700

On Dec 6, 2009, at 7:18 PM, "Ian Hulin" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carl, Trevor,
>
> You've discussed the overloading of 'string' in Scheme and what
> variable
> name to use, and looked at Dana's suggestion of using 'course' but did
> you consider the other important point Dana made?

I think so. That's why I suggested a list of (string or markup), which
I think is completely general. At that point the user can select any
glyph from any font available.

The possibility of adding the afm-type info that Dana talked about is
a separate patch, because it applies to all markups.

Is there something else you were thinking of?

Thanks,

Carl