Re: Make define-builtin-markup{, -list}-command #:category #:properties

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Make define-builtin-markup{, -list}-command #:category #:properties keywords (issue160048)
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:00:13 +0100

As a reminder:

the current version of the patch set
<URL:http://codereview.appspot.com/160048> has been sitting there on
Rietveld for about a week.  I have not been able to corroborate the
memory corruption problem reported on a previous patch.  So the current
patch set, which works well like the previous patch set on my computer
and which is particularly designed not to keep stale references, has
remained completely untested and uncommented by anybody else.

I could not reproduce the previously reported corruption or memory leak
on my system, probably since I was not given any sufficiently detailed
instructions for reproducing it.  For the current version, checked in a
week ago, I did not get any feedback from testers or reviews or comments
from the people who know more about the background of the original code
design.

There is nothing I can do at the current moment of time.  Since I was
bashed for about three days in succession for not putting up things on
Rietveld since that was supposedly what was required to make people look
at it, it leaves quite a bad taste that after all this admonishments, I
don't get a useful recipe for the previous problem report from the only
person apparently testing it, I don't get any design feedback, I don't
get any review of the current code, and the code _is_ left rotting on
Rietveld after all, a choice of word that I was chastised for as well.