Re: Lettered tablature patch

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Lettered tablature patch
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 15:40:40 -0000

Carl Sorensen wrote Wednesday, December 02, 2009 3:21 PM

On 12/2/09 2:26 AM, "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

I posted my first patch to Rietveld last night, but nothing seems to
have been cc'd to the list.  Not sure what I did wrong.  It's at
http://codereview.appspot.com/164063.  Here's what it does.

This is the second person who has had this misunderstanding.

Posting a patch on Rietveld does not automatically send an email to
lilypond-devel.

Ah, that wasn't clear from the CG.

The cc: field applies to email responses to comments.

I guess we need to add this to the CG (no, wait, it's already in the CG):

An email should then be sent to lilypond-devel, with a subject line starting
with PATCH:, asking for comments on the patch.

Yes, I saw this.  I thought that was just to add more
explanation about the patch to supplement the commit
message, which I'd assumed would be sent out automatically.

Oh, I guess this could be misinterpreted that git-cl upload will send the
email.

I'll rewrite the CG.

The bit that needs to be added is to say what the
CC field is actually for, and maybe to say what it
does not do.

Carl

Thanks Carl, Trevor