Re: A few questions regarding markup

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: A few questions regarding markup
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:49:34 +0100

Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden> writes:

> Le 16 nov. 2009 à 20:32, David Kastrup a écrit :
>
>> With very few exceptions (about 2 or 3, one being the harp-pedal
>> code), all the commands appear to use the let-binding mechanism.
>
> Indeed, when I introduced the property binding thing I changed
> consistently all markup command definitions.

Yes, that would explain it.

> But it seems that I haven't documented it properly.

At least it does not seem to have passed into general knowledge.

> So imho, the way to handle it in the harp-pedal case is to explicitely
> prepend property-value pairs to props before calling make-harp-pedal:

That's one way.  In this case, however, make-harp-pedal is only used
once IIRC, so it makes sense to just unwrap it inside of the markup
definition (where let is active) and delete the unused (outcommented)
call of it elsewhere altogether.