Re: Issue #768 - chord repetition shortcut: patch for review

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Issue #768 - chord repetition shortcut: patch for review
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 06:23:30 -0500

Hi,

Could it be an option to make <c e g>4*8 do the obvious thing?
Or even { <c e g>4 }*8 ?
That would be so much more natural.  The first already does something,
but not something which I would call useful.

I use it all the time, actually.

The second bombs out. In contrast, q feels rather hackish.

Since the patch (as I understand it) ensures that q does not duplicate anything except the notes, q allows for

   <c e g>8-. q-^ q-. q-^

etc., right? Obviously, this would *not* be possible with something like

   <c e g>4*8

Cheers,
Kieren.