Re: Issue 872 in lilypond: Changes split-page has broken images

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Issue 872 in lilypond: Changes split-page has broken images
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:42:14 +0100

Le lundi 09 novembre 2009 à 20:08 +0000, Graham Percival a écrit :
> doing:
>   $filename = lc($filename)
> works fine in the general lilypond-init.pl file.

In wich line or function exactly?  The changes I proposed in a previous
email don't work for me, even not for manuals.  In case it matters, I
use texi2thml 1.82, shoiuld I upgrade to CVS?

> It probably won't work in the web init file, since
> &lilypond_element_file_name is commented out due to some bug in
> Opera.  We also don't need that function since we call it with
> --split=section and not --split=unnumbered.

> Yes, it would be nice if that file was cleaned up so that
> developers wouldn't get misled like this... I added it to the
> tracker; it's somewhere around issue #850.
>
> *shrug*   that's the cost of not doing preventative maintenance.

*sigh*
If I understand correctly, the map file for General is currently
generated for nuts.  Even if I understand you're busy with many other
tasks, I find this, what you just pointed out and more generally the
code duplication between the two init files quite a maoing mess, which
is normal for stuff being developed but difficult to handle for people
other than the one who did it.

> (we might want to use lc(filename) for the regular manuals, as
> well.

Sure, this would simplify cross-references between the web site and
other Texinfo docs.

>   And we could try looking into why we get the duplicate
> anchors which confuse opera)

Isn't it because Texi2HTML generates one anchor from the node, and
another one from the section?

Best,
John