Re: Fixing issue 800 (extender ending early if other voices present)

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Fixing issue 800 (extender ending early if other voices present)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:35:57 -0800

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 14:41 -0500, Chris Snyder wrote:
> >> 1) Change melisma_busy() to return true if in the middle of a note
>  >> 2) Alternatively, add the check in
>  >> Extender_engraver::stop_translation_timestep instead
>  >
>  > I'm confused: isn't the current check in
>  > Extender_engraver::stop_translation_timestep?
>
> For solution #2, I meant that we can add a check in
> Extender_engraver::stop_translation_timestep to see if we're in the
> middle of a note, in addition to the melisma_busy() call (since
> melisma_busy() doesn't currently do such a check).

Now I'm even more confused. get_current_note_head finds a note head
(from the associatedVoice) that ends strictly after the current moment.
We only check melisma_busy if get_current_note_head finds something.
Therefore, we will only check melisma_busy if we are in the middle of a
note. Am I missing something?

To answer your original question, btw, I have a slight preference for
leaving melisma_busy as-is and modifying the call site.

Cheers,
Joe