Re: serious doubts about waf

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: serious doubts about waf
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:36:37 -0800

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:34:35PM +0000, Graham Percival wrote:
>> I'm just about ready to give up on waf.
>
> In case anybody thinks this was rather fast, I spent 3-4 hours on
> Saturday doing waf, and 7-9 hours today.  I'm not overly eager to
> throw away approximately 10 hours of work, but if it's not going
> to pan out, then better to stop it now rather than later.
>
> As Jan put it, "a new build system should be a breath of fresh
> air".  I'm not feeling fresh.

Though I haven't been following these discussions very closely, I have
looked into automake a little bit.  It sounds like we could make it
work.  At least, I think it would simplify makefile maintenance once
we have initially set everything up.

-Patrick