Policy about SRFI usage?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Policy about SRFI usage?
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 15:48:39 +0100

Hi,

I was wondering what the Lilypond policies are for using SRFI, such as
SRFI-13 for string functions.  My question was triggered by looking at
scm/lily-sort.scm (only used at document creation time) which could be
vastly simplified (probably one order of magnitude) and sped up
(probably two) using SRFI-13.

The speedup is likely not all too important in this particular case.
But less code to maintain is an advantage.  And there may be other areas
which profit more from the SRFI modules of guile.