Re: funky build errors

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: funky build errors
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 01:04:10 +0100

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 08:55:41AM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> >  Executable based on sources from 00:29 GMT 29-Apr-2008.
> >  Library based on sources from 20:49 GMT 30-Apr-2008.
>
> This is ooold.  I've compiled the current CVS of FontForge by myself,
> and I don't see this (and I haven't seen such errors since almost a
> year).  George has fixed a bunch of such problems later in 2008, IIRC.

> PS: Perhaps we should enforce a newer FontForge version in the
>     configure script.

If there's bugs that affect us that are fixed by later versions,
then I guess we should do this.  I'll a bit sad to have lilypond
no longer compile on debian/stable[1], but I must admit that this
is a weird state of affairs.  :)

[1] I guess that texi2html already spoils this, although that's
only in the docs and not the main program.

Cheers,
- Graham