Re: `+repage' option for convert?

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: `+repage' option for convert?
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:57:24 -0700

On 2009-08-24, Maximilian Albert wrote:
> 2009/8/24 Patrick McCarty <address@hidden>:
>
> > BTW, if anyone can find a better set of options for "convert", please
> > let me know.  imagemagick has major problems with SVG->PNG conversion,
> > which is why I added all of these other flags.
>
> I haven't followed this discussion so I apologize if my comment is not
> relevant. But I remember seeing a dependency of Inkscape mentioned in
> a different thread. Have you considered using it for SVG --> PNG
> conversion? Perhaps it gives better results.

Inkscape used to be required to compile the regression test
"backend-svg.ly", but it's been commented out for years, and I don't
really want to uncomment it anytime soon.

It does give better results than imagemagick, but the inherent problem
in this whole situation is that we are using SVG text instead of
paths; I think that using the "rsvg" application from librsvg would be
a better option at this point.  I'll post about it in another thread.

Thanks,
Patrick