Re: Quoting \set and \override (for cue notes etc.)

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Quoting \set and \override (for cue notes etc.)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 23:19:41 +0100

2009/8/14 Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:

> I tried adding various classes to the quotedEventTypes list, e.g. override-
> property-event general-music override-property OverrideProperty property-set
> PropertySet, but nothing seems to have any effect. Any idea how to make
> lilypond also quote overrides and \set commands?

As I hinted in the discussion you mentioned, it's partly due to how
recording-group-emulate is coded: none of the children of StreamEvent
(apart from music-event) can be recorded (and thus recognized when the
quote iterator checks quotedEventTypes) unless you you amend the
following line:

216                (ly:add-listener accumulate-event-listener
(ly:context-event-source child) 'music-event)

If you change this to listen to 'StreamEvent, the other classes will
be acknowledged, which will allow simple context settings to work
(like fontSize).

Unfortunately, there's still a problem with \override and \revert;
they're recorded, but it seems the events associated with them either
aren't broadcast, or they're ignored by the Engraver_group.

Regards,
Neil