new website integrated, remaining problems

From: Graham Percival
Subject: new website integrated, remaining problems
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:31:34 -0700

I'm tentatively declaring the web-gop/ branch to be dead; I think
all the changes have made it into master.  However, there's a few
remaining problems.  #1 and #2 are important, and stop us from
having another website draft.

Could somebody investigate?  These problems show up with texi2html
1.82 and the current build system / init files in git.

1.  I have jpg files in Documentation/pictures/out-www/, but they
don't get copied to out-www/offline-root/Documentation/pictures/.
All the pngs are copied, though.

2.  We currently have filenames in the form index_XY.html.  I have
no clue how this happened, since we had beautiful HTML names in
the web-gop.  Evidently something happened (or didn't happen) when
general.texi was added to the main lilypond build system.

It's particularly mysterious since the *other* manuals have nice
sensible HTML names.

3.  The <title> is in the form DOCUMENT-TITLE: NODE-HEADER.
That's fine for most pages, but it looks silly when we're on the
Top node -- we have DOCUMENT-TITLE: DOCUMENT-TITLE.
We could kind-of work around this by dumping
  @ifhtml
  @top
  @end ifhtml
into the main file, but that's silly.

This shows up in all our manuals.

4.  Anybody want to take a stab at integrating the two init files?
Theoretically, they could live in the same file, just called with
different options.
Or even better, we could submit patches upstream and get neat
things like the expanding-TOC integrated into texinfo 1.84 (or
whatever's next).  Some functionality would almost certainly be
too lilypond-specific to be integrated upstream, but we can
probably offload some stuff.

... nah, I didn't think anybody would want to do the last one.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham