Re: music-function type-check options

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: music-function type-check options
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 22:36:39 +0100

2009/8/16 Mark Polesky <address@hidden>:

> I didn't really ask anything in the previous post. What I
> meant to ask was: Are there any predicates here that I
> *shouldn't* add to the alist? Any objections to including
> all the "C++ predicates"? If no one objects, I'll make a
> patch that includes everything.

Might I suggest an alternative approach, which will work with any predicate?

Since the real issue is the vagueness of `unknown', why not tweak
`type-name' so it will instead return the name of the predicate if
there's no match in type-p-name-alist?  This also has the added
benefit of producing useful information with user-defined predicates.

(define-public (type-name predicate)
  (let ((entry (assoc predicate type-p-name-alist)))
    (if (pair? entry) (cdr entry)
        (symbol->string (procedure-name predicate)))))

Regards,
Neil